Thursday, November 26, 2009

Suggested hair cuts for a female Shih tzu?

I was wondering if any groomers or current dog owners have pictures/web site links to hair cuts of their Shih tzu's. I want to keep her hair a medium length, not too long and not shaved, so somewhere in between. I also like keeping the top long where I can put it up. Also, is it recommended to trim their hair along their eyes... my groomer said let it gown out (they mainly groom show dogs) and my vet said trim it because it can cause infection. She is 3 1/2 months old and I am new to long hair beeds so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who respond :)



Suggested hair cuts for a female Shih tzu?

Here's a couple of images of my girls (in the source option below). I keep one in full coat, with long hair on the face and it has worked out tremendously better than cutting. I keep the other (the blonde one) cut short because of a severe allergy problem - otherwise she would be in full coat as well. I do not recommend cutting the hair unless absolutely necessary. I don't know how old your dog is, but if you can get past the "blowing out" phase around 5-7 months, and find a great groomer who is familiar with the coat maintenance, your best bet is to keep it long. Hope this helps!



Suggested hair cuts for a female Shih tzu?

My sister in law does what I think is called a "puppy cut" on hers. It's very much like you described for what you are looking for.



Suggested hair cuts for a female Shih tzu?

I as well have a longer puppy cut on my dog i dont have a pic though but she also has a topknot on the top of her head in a pink bow it is sooooooo cute have fun with you shih tzu they are the best dogs you could ever have!!! just make sure that you wipe her face every day ( around her nose and eyes) also make sure you brush her daily as well so she dont get mats and I would say bath her once a week with a shampoo that has conditador( I cant spell sorry) in it so her coat with stay shiney !!! Congrads on getting a baby shih tzu they are such wonderful dogs



Suggested hair cuts for a female Shih tzu?

My groomer trims my shih tzu's eyelashes and hair around the eyes. If this isn't done there is chance the pups eyes tearing excessively or getting infected.



more on grooming your shih tzu can be found at http://www.thedivadog.com/dog-grooming.a...



Also, they have a great article on shih tzu's health...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
low rate loans